Transfer Credit Evaluation
Florida Tech understands that as a transferring student, one of your top priorities is learning how many of your previously earned college credits will transfer to Florida Tech and apply to your degree. To help you get this information as early in the process as possible, please have your official college transcripts sent to us as soon as you can. Our goal is to get you your Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) so that you may review it with ample time to make your enrollment decision.
Once the Office of Undergraduate Admission has your official college transcripts, they will be forwarded to and reviewed by the Office of the Registrar (and in some cases, the academic department). As soon as your TCE is complete, it will become available to you online through our Access portal. Typically, the TCE process takes about three weeks. Official, final TCEs are completed upon receipt of your tuition deposit.
Transfer Credit From U.S. Colleges And Universities
Evaluation of undergraduate transfer credit is completed in the order tuition deposits are received.
The evaluation of undergraduate transfer credit is produced from official academic records bearing the correct seals and duly authorized signatures from all former institutions. The Office of the Registrar coordinates the process, certifies courses without respect to the major and provides notice of the official evaluation. Transcripts are considered official only when mailed directly to Florida Tech from each previously attended institution.
The application of undergraduate transfer credit to the degree program is completed by the respective academic department. Students may be asked to supply a relevant course catalog, syllabi and course descriptions.
The process of certifying undergraduate transfer credit requires much time and effort on the part of a few individuals. While every effort is made to have the official certification of transfer credit completed in a timely manner, certain situations may delay the process. Regional accreditation regulations allow one semester in which to complete this process.
- Undergraduate transfer credit may be awarded for undergraduate courses taken at a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association in the United States, or with equivalent recognition in the case of a college or university elsewhere.
- Florida Tech accepts in transfer, undergraduate courses with a minimum grade of C- or equivalent and a determination the work is equivalent to that given by Florida Tech in course content and hours.
- Courses accepted in transfer are placed on the Florida Tech transcript, however, grades and grade points do not transfer.
- If the course equivalency is questionable, credit may be granted by equivalency examination.
- Flight credit is transferable, subject to FAA rules for transferability between schools.
- Credit is not given for:
- courses listed on a transcript without a grade
- courses carrying grades but not credit hours
- vocational/technical courses
- correspondence courses, internships and practica
- experiential learning
- in most cases, courses taken more than 10 years prior to Florida Tech enrollment
- courses taken as a graduate-level student
- Transfer credit for grades of 'P' or 'S' are subject to the approval of the University Registrar.
- Florida Tech's forgiveness policy is not applicable to transfer credits.