Certification Requirements (4th Edition)
What are the requirements for certification in behavior analysis as a BCBA?
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc.® (BACB® ) sets the requirements for certification, and these requirements differ based on the level of certification sought. There are three basic requirements that must be met.
The three basic requirements for certification:
- A master’s degree in psychology, education or applied behavior analysis approved by the BACB
- Acceptable graduate level coursework in behavior analysis covering the BCBA examination content areas
- Supervised experience
For detailed descriptions of the levels of certification, requirements and more information, please visit the official website of the BACB at http://www.bacb.com/.
The requirements for certification change periodically, and our courses are updated accordingly. When the BACB published its Fourth Edition Task List and coursework requirements, the Florida Tech ABA Online program introduced new course sequences that meet the BACB‘s Fourth Edition Task List instructional requirements.
Some information about the Fourth Edition Task List BACB coursework requirements – BCBA level:
- Forty-five (45) additional hours are required for certification (270 hours total).
- Ethics credits must be taken as one or more stand-alone course(s).
- Tasks within the Fourth Edition Task List have been revised over the previous version.
Our new BCBA course sequence:
- All courses meet the Fourth Edition Task List BACB coursework requirement.
- Taking 3 credits per term, the sequence can be completed in six terms (approximately 18 months).
What makes our program special?
- Unlike many other schools, Florida Tech’s ABA Online program offers 4 terms per year for each course, allowing you to complete the sequence quickly.
- Terms begin in January, April, July and October, and students may begin the series in any of these terms.
- Florida Tech offers a high-tech instructional program with a human touch. Students meet face-to-face online with BCBA co-instructors weekly.
- Instructional material is designed and sequenced to teach students the concepts, principles and procedures specified in the BACB task list so students are well prepared to take the board exams.
- All credits completed with a grade of B or higher may be applied toward degree requirements for Florida Tech’s new MA - Professional Behavior Analysis degree program.
- Undergraduate students may begin accumulating credits toward our hybrid program.