Military And Veterans Resources
Florida Tech's Education Centers have long been a top choice for servicemembers and we are proud to count 46 military generals among our alumni, including Ann E. Dunwoody (USA-Ret.), the first woman in U.S. history to achieve a four-star officer rank.
Florida Tech is consistently named "Military Friendly" and is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Active Military Servicemember Opportunities
Military Tuition Assistance
Active military servicemembers have access to military tuition assistance through the U.S. government to help offset a portion of their graduate tuition and fees. For full-time, active-duty servicemembers in each military branch, the military’s tuition assistance program pays up to a maximum of $250 per semester credit hour and an individual maximum of $4,500 per fiscal year per student.
Wisdom Warrior Program
Students taking advantage of military tuition assistance may find their tuition 100% covered by enrolling in the Wisdom Warrior Program. Available only to military servicemembers pursuing a master's degree at one of Florida Tech's Education Centers, the Wisdom Warrior Program reduces your tuition to $250 (from $600) per semester credit hour so that your entire cost is covered by tuition assistance.
For more information contact the education center where you wish to study or download the Wisdom Warrior Program brochure.
For information on eligibility and how to apply for benefits, visit the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Florida Tech offers matching grants for veterans who are eligible for Yellow Ribbon.
You may be eligible if you:
- Apply to the U.S DVA for benefits and provide a copy of your certificate of eligibility to your servicing site
- Served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months
- Were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001
- Are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above
To take advantage of the Yellow Ribbon Program, you must first apply for benefits. While enrolled at Florida Tech, all students using VA educational assistance should contact the site administrator at their learning location. For more information, call the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at 888-442-4551.
Veterans Education Programs
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill®
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Educational Assistance Test Program (Section 901)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- National Call to Service Program
- The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) VetSuccess Program
DOD Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts
Florida Tech qualifies under the DOD Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts program.
For Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Ch 33) students and VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch 31) students, our tuition policy complies with 38 USC 3679(e) which means Post 9/11 and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment students will not be charged or otherwise penalized due to a delay in VA tuition and fee payments.
Certified to operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV). This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency.