Protocol, Process and Forms
According to PHS Policy, the IACUC is required to review and approve, require modifications in, or withhold approval of activities related to the care and use of vertebrate animals. The IACUC is also charged with conducting continuing review of each previously approved, ongoing activity. The PHS Policy outlines specific requirements for the IACUC review process and animal use protocol components. The flowchart below was designed to simplify the IACUC review process for investigators by providing a roadmap with relevant links, steps, and components required for approval.
New Protocol Forms
- Laboratory Research (for animals to be housed in an animal facility)
- Field Research (for wild animals not housed in animal facilities)
- IACUC Animal Tissue
- Animal Exhibit/Display
- EH&S Supplemental Approval Form
EHS Supplement Form: If requested, for use of biological and chemical materials, pharmaceuticals, controlled substances, radioactive materials.
Changes and Maintenance to Protocols
- Protocol Amendment
- Personnel Change
- Annual Renewal Report (due before 1st and 2nd anniversaries)
- Adverse Event Report
- Animal Transfer (Internal)
- Inter-institutional Agreement for Animal Responsibilities (for collaborations)