Each student will take two classes on the program (no more & no less). 7 to 9 of the 11 courses from the list below will be offered depending upon student needs upon registration. Classes are for Florida Tech credit (not transfer credit), and offered for a grade only (no Pass/Fail or drop/withdraw option).
|Course Number||Course Name|
HUM 2052 Civ 2
Western Civilization- Renaissance to Modern
|HUM 2213||British & American Literature 2- Oxford authors such as C. S. Lewis & Tolkien will be included|
|HUM 2085||Critical Approaches to Humanities: Religions of the World*|
Intro to Partial Differential Equations and Applications (this class is unlikey, but will be taught if needed- taught in 2019 only)
|COM 2223||Scientific & Technical Communication|
|COM 2224||Business and Professional Writing|
|MTH 1002||Calculus 2**|
|MTH 2001||Calculus 3**|
|MTH 2201||Differential Equations**|
|MTH 2401||Probability and Statistics|
|HUM 3343||World War II in Film (Europe)|
* HUM 2085 can be used as a Social Science or Humanities elective.
** These Math courses are four credit hour classes and have a supplemental tuition charge of $908 (rather than $1210- save $302).
Oxford Course Details
- Classes will be held from July 1–August 8, 2024.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Courses are taught 4 to 5 days per week.
- Courses are taught by Oxford based professors.
- Drops are not permitted and courses are offered for a letter grade only (no Pass/Fail, no drops or withdrawals).
- Classes are Florida Tech classes for Florida Tech credit- NOT transfer credit.
- Some courses may require out-of-classroom events such as attending plays or museum visits. You may need to pay for tickets/transport on some occasions.
- Refer to the Florida Tech University Catalog for course prerequisites.
- There is a 2.0 minimum GPA and good disciplinary record requirement to apply for the program.
- Classes are mandatory and only 1 unexcused absence per class is permitted before your grade drops. Excused absences are only those with a doctor’s note and proof of a doctor’s visit. Plan your personal travels accordingly.
All participants are subject to the Florida Tech Code of Conduct and Disciplinary System outlined in the Student Handbook. Any student who is a danger to him/herself, others, or the reputation of the program will be sent home at his/her own expense with no refunds.