From Florida Tech Premed To Lake Erie College Of Medicine
Imagine being accepted to med school two or more years before you graduate from Florida Tech. Now that's peace of mind!
Florida Tech partners with Lake Eerie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) to offer its premed students a direct path to a Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD), a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) and a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO). Five seats in each of these programs are reserved annually for Florida Tech premed graduates who have met the early acceptance requirements.
To be considered, the student must be enrolled in a premed designated bachelor's degree program and actively engaged in premedical advisement. The general requirements for early admission to LECOM are as follows:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Must not hold a bachelor’s degree or higher;
- Must have at least two years remaining as a full time student at Florida Tech;
- SAT Score (Math and Verbal Reasoning) greater than or equal to 1170 on a single exam taken before 3/1/16, a SAT score of 1240 or higher on a single exam taken after 3/1/16 or an ACT Composite score greater than or equal to 26 on a single exam; and
- A high school GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale or higher.
- Students already attending the affiliate institution must have at least a cumulative overall GPA of 3.2 and a science GPA of 3.1 or higher.
Applicants to the DO program at LECOM are not required to take the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). Applicants to the DMD program must pass the Dental Admission Test (DAT). Applicants to the Pharm.D. program are encouraged to take the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) but it is not required.