Revised January 24, 2022
- Since all games are self-monitored, good sportsmanship and proper conduct are expected.
- Black-sole shoes and other marking shoes are not permitted on the playing floor. Clemente Center staff will make
a discretionary decision in some special cases.
- For your safety, shoes must be worn at all times.
- Grabbing or hanging on the net or rim is prohibited. Violators will be escorted from the building.
- Baseball, football, soccer, and other activities or equipment deemed unsafe in the gymnasium environment, are
prohibited unless special permission is obtained from the Clemente Center Director.
- In the event of crowded courts and waiting players, the facility supervisor has the authority to modify games.
- Chewing gum, food, and drinks are not permitted in the gyms.
- Scheduled activities in the gymnasium will take priority over open recreation. Changes will be posted on the daily
- Shirts are required. If team designation is needed, pinnies may be available for check out with notice.
Court Usage Guidelines
- Scheduled activities have priority (please check the daily facility schedule).
- When the gymnasium is crowded, courts may be broken down into half-court games in order to accommodate more
people. This decision will be made by Clemente Center staff and will be based on participant need.
- Open Recreation:
- For a volleyball game to take place, there must be at least 6 people present for the net to be set up.
- For a badminton game to take place, there must be at least 2 people present for the net to be set up.
- There must be no event on the daily schedule or any other groups using the space for this to take place.