Respiratory Protection Program
Florida Tech is committed to the protection of University workers from occupational hazards, including the potential health risks associated with exposure to airborne contaminants.
The Respiratory Protection Program meets the University's goal is the control of airborne contaminants by the application of engineering and work practice control measures. When effective engineering controls are not feasible, or while they are being instituted, appropriate respiratory protection must be used. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including respirator protection, is normally the last resort in minimizing the hazards of airborne contaminants.
Faculty and staff required to wear a respirator must follow the Respirator User Instructions.
Note 1: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is the responsibility of the individual department to cover their assigned personnel.
Note 2: 29CFR1910.134(f)(2) - The employer shall ensure that an employee using a tight-fitting facepiece respirator is fit tested prior to initial use of the respirator, whenever a different respirator facepiece (size, style, model or make) is used, and at least annually thereafter.
The Respiratory Protection Program includes the following elements
- Florida Tech Respiratory Protection Plan
- Respiratory Protection Program-Hazard Risk Assessment
- Respiratory Protection Program-Medical Evaluation Questionnaire
- Respiratory Protection Program-Medical Evaluation Waiver
- Respiratory Protection Program-Cartridge Respirator Training Document
- Respiratory Protection Program-Voluntary Use Form (Appendix D)
- Respirator Fit Testing offered by Environmental Health & Safety