Accessibility Resources Accommodation Contract
As a student requesting academic accommodations through the Office of Accessibility Resources (OAR), I understand that I have responsibilities to both myself and my education here at Florida Tech. Academic accommodations assist in providing the necessary tools and strategies that may be used to work towards academic success. As part of receiving such accommodations, I agree to the following:
- I give permission for all instructors and/or student support representatives to be notified of my accommodations while enrolled in Florida Tech and will verify that they have received such correspondence. I will notify OAR if there are changes in my schedule or if I wish to discontinue these services.
- I will contact OAR if I experience difficulties that may interfere with the successful completion of my course of study.
- I will meet attendance requirements and complete assignments in a timely fashion for all registered courses.
- If I receive testing accommodations, I will follow the policies and procedures set forth by the university. If I am an on-campus student, I understand that instructors prefer students to take tests at the same time as the class. If I have the option during on-campus course registration, I will plan for additional time in between classes to allow for my testing accommodations.
- I will maintain communication with faculty/staff through my classroom email and/or my university email address (@my.fit.edu email account), in accordance with expectations published in the Florida Tech Student Handbook.
- If I prefer for a specific person to have knowledge of my educational records, I will complete the Authorization for Release of Personally Identifiable Student Information Form with the Office of the Registrar, according to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- If I am an on-campus student, I understand that academic accommodations are effective for one semester and will need to reactivate my accommodations with OAR each semester. I understand the deadline for activating accommodations each semester is the Friday before the last day of on-campus classes.
- If there are any questions/concerns regarding the responsibilities of students receiving services through OAR, I understand that I can reference the student expectations.
The following list of expectations outlines all the policies and responsibilities of students using the on-campus SSSC testing services.
- When my instructor/professor announces a quiz, test, exam, or other assessment, I will approach my instructor/professor in advance to discuss and finalize arrangements. Exams should be scheduled as close to the original starting time as possible.
- If I elect to utilize testing services at the SSSC, I will use the Student Success and Support Center's Make a Testing Appointment link to review instructions and to make a testing appointment.
- I understand that all exams are monitored, by both proctors and video surveillance, and that any violation of the Academic Honesty Policy or testing services policies will be reported to my instructor.
- I understand that I must make an appointment for any quiz, test, exam, or other assessments at least two business days (48 hours) in advance; and if I request and am eligible for a reader/scribe, I understand that I must make an appointment at least three business days (72 hours) in advance. Walk-ins are not accepted for any assessment.
- I understand that I will receive an email that the test was submitted for instructor/professor approval and an email when it has been approved by my instructor/professor. All appointments should be scheduled through the Hub, and all official communications should be conducted through email.
- I understand that electronic devices, including smartphones, smartwatches, laptops, etc., should not be permitted within the testing area without instructor/professor approval, and that all personal items should be checked in with the proctor and stored outside the testing area.
- I understand that if I arrive late for my test, quiz or assessment, that time will be deducted from the total time scheduled for testing. Examinations will not be extended past the scheduled end time.
- I will arrive at least 5 minutes before my scheduled appointment. I understand that if I am more than 15 minutes late for my test, quiz or assessment, I will work with the SSSC to notify my professor and may have to reschedule the exam for a later time or date.
- I understand that wearing perfumes, cologne, and hair and body products may cause a distraction to other test takers and will refrain from doing so. Additionally, I agree to refrain from using all tobacco products, including vaping devices, before and during testing appointments.