Employment Information for F-1 Students

Most international students in the United States hold an F-1 visa, which is the U.S. nonimmigrant student visa. F-1 students are permitted to work in the United States, but only under certain conditions, and in accordance with complex guidelines and restrictions issued by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Generally, all employment is contingent on remaining within the terms and restrictions of your F-1 visa. There are several types of employment that may be available to you during the time of your stay as an F-1 student in the United States.

Select a topic below to learn more:

Edit Page