Complimentary Orlando Shuttle - Fall 2023
The Office of International Student and Scholar Services understands how confusing and exhausting it can be arriving in a new country. We have therefore made arrangements for a one-time courtesy service to first-time international students from Orlando Airport through a local shuttle service. NOTE: you MUST have a reservation in order to be picked up from MCO.
Please read the following guidelines for Orlando Airport pick-ups of NEW international students:
- This service is offered only for pickup from Orlando International Airport (MCO) which is approximately one hour from campus. If you are arriving at the Melbourne International Airport (MLB), this service is not available as it is only a 5 to 10 minute driving distance from Florida Tech and taxi cabs/UBER/Lyft are readily available at Melbourne airport.
- Only newly admitted students with valid Florida Tech initial I-20's (F1 visas) or DS 2019's (J1 visas) for FALL 2023 are eligible for pickup.
- For Fall 2023 new international students, we are offering pickup from Sunday, August 13 through Friday, August 18, 2023. Please note that although this service is free to you on those dates, it is customary to give a tip/gratuity to your shuttle driver; $10 USD is a suggestion.
- Please make sure that your final destination Airport Code on your ticket reads ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (MCO).
- To secure a reservation for the complimentary shuttle service, please click on https://cocoabeachshuttle.com/reservations/
- Insert your full name as it appears on your immigration document I-20
- Provide your email address
- Provide a complete cell phone number
- Airport Pick Up? Answer YES
- Enter Airline and Flight number information
- Airport: Click on Orlando
- Drop Off Destination: indicate address where you will be dropped off
- Type of Service: Choose Shared Shuttle
- Total Passengers - insert 1
- Adults = 1
- Arrival Time: enter the time that your flight lands at the Orlando International Airport
- Arrival Date: enter the date you arrive at Orlando International Airport
- Departure City: enter the city from which you will be departing
- Round trip Needed - answer NO
- Hotel Transports to Cruise Ships Needed: answer NO
- In the Additional Information box, you must enter your student ID, the words ISSS2023FALL, and indicate when or if you will be going through Customs
- Click on SUBMIT
- You will receive a confirmation after your reservation has been made.
- New fall students living on campus may start moving into their dorm assignment on August 13. Student Check-In will be August 13. Late arrivals are required to check-in at the Admissions Office between 9am - 4pm. Please plan your arrival accordingly. New International Student Orientation is Wednesday, August 16.
- Students arriving before or after these dates will be responsible for their own airport pick-up arrangements and the cost of that airport transportation. The Cocoa Beach Shuttle Service can be reserved at https://cocoabeachshuttle.com/reservations/ Again, please note that it is customary to give a tip/gratuity to your shuttle driver; $10 USD is a suggestion.
- Be sure to check our orientation webpage for further arrival information. Information for local recommended hotels can be found on our Predeparture Information website.