Complimentary Orlando Shuttle - Summer 2022
The Office of International Student and Scholar Services understands how confusing and exhausting it can be arriving in a new country. We have therefore made arrangements for a one-time courtesy service to first-time international students from Orlando Airport through a local shuttle service. NOTE: you MUST have a reservation in order to be picked up from MCO.
Please read the following guidelines for Orlando Airport pick-ups of NEW international students:
- This service is offered only for pickup from Orlando International Airport (MCO) which is approximately one hour from campus. If you are arriving at the Melbourne International Airport (MLB), this service is not available as it is only a 5 to 10 minute driving distance from Florida Tech and taxi cabs/UBER/Lyft are readily available at Melbourne airport.
- Only newly admitted students with valid Florida Tech initial I-20's (F1 visas) or DS 2019's (J1 visas) are eligible for pickup.
- For Summer 2022 international students, we are offering pickup from May 11 to May 16, 2022. Students arriving before or after these dates will be responsible for their own airport pick-up arrangements and the cost of that airport transportation.
- Please make sure that your final destination Airport Code on your ticket reads ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (MCO).
- New Student Check-In and Orientation is being held May 12 & 13, 2022. Late arrivals are required to check-in at BOTH the ISSS Office and the Admissions Office; between 9am - 4pm; both offices are located in the L3 Harris Commons Building. Please plan your arrival accordingly.
- Be sure to check our orientation webpage for further arrival information. Information for local recommended hotels can be found on our Predeparture Information website.
If you would like to request to be picked up from the Orlando International Airport, please follow the instructions in the email you will receive titled "SUMMER 2022 International Check-In & Orientation".