Complimentary Orlando Shuttle - FALL 2021
The Office of International Student and Scholar Services understands how confusing and exhausting it can be arriving in a new country. We have therefore made arrangements for a one-time courtesy service to first-time international students from Orlando Airport through a local shuttle service.
Please read the following guidelines for Orlando airport pick-ups of new students:
- This service is offered only for pickup from Orlando International Airport (MCO) which is approximately one hour from campus. If you are arriving instead at Melbourne Airport (MLB), this service is not available as it is only a 5 to 10 minute driving distance from Florida Tech and taxi cabs/UBER/Lyft are readily available at Melbourne airport.
- Only newly admitted students with valid Florida Tech initial I-20's (F1 visas) or DS 2019's (J1 visas) are eligible for pickup.
- For FALL 2021 international students, we are offering pickup from August 14, 2021 to August 20, 2021. Students arriving before or after these dates will be responsible for their own airport pick-up arrangements. The pickup service is NOT available between the hours of midnight and 7:00 a.m.
- Please make sure that your final destination Airport Code on your ticket reads ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (MCO).
- New student check-in is being held August 14 & 15, 2021. Late arrivals are required to check-in at the ISSS Office between 9am - 4pm; the ISSS Office is located in the L3 Harris Commons Building, room 334. Please plan your arrival accordingly.
- Be sure to check our orientation webpage for further arrival information. Information for local recommended hotels can be found on our Predeparture Information website.
If you would like to request to be picked up from the Orlando International Airport, please follow the instructions in the email from the ISSS office (firstname.lastname@example.org) titled "FALL 2021 International Check-In & Orientation". This email will be sent to your @my.fit.edu email address.