Sexual Misconduct Complaint
ASSISTANCE CAN BE OBTAINED 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK
FROM THE FLORIDA TECH SECURITY WELCOME CENTER OFFICE LOCATED IN (BLDG 544)
How To File A Sexual Misconduct Complaint:
Florida Tech encourages all sexual misconduct to be reported. Florida Tech will take prompt and appropriate action to end the misconduct and prevent its recurrence. All students have a right to report sexual misconduct by contacting one of the following:
- Title IX Coordinator, 321-674-8885
- Dean of Students/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 321-674-8080
- Associate Dean of Students and Director of Residence Life / Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 321-674-8095
- Associate Athletics Director of Student Athlete Services/ Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 321-674-8931
The university will make all reasonable efforts to ensure privacy and to protect the confidentiality of the complainant to the extent provided under applicable law. The complainant reserves the right to request the complaint be handled informally or formally. However, Title IX requires the university to investigate all complaints fully and respond appropriately to end the sexual misconduct and to prevent it from recurring. It is incumbent on the complainant and the respondent to cooperate fully with the university’s investigation through final resolution.
The Title IX Coordinator will assign a special investigator to conduct the initial investigation. Please note that the investigator is an impartial collector of information and will ensure that all parties receive fair and impartial treatment. The investigator will meet with the complainant and respondent, even those that are reported to the police. Upon receipt of the complaint, the investigator will promptly begin investigating the complaint, taking steps including, but not limited to:
- Conducting interviews with the complainant, the respondent and third-party witnesses (including expert witnesses, where applicable) and summarizing such interviews in written form.
- Visiting, inspecting, and taking photographs at each relevant site.
- Collecting and preserving relevant evidence, where applicable. In cases of corresponding criminal complaints, this step may be coordinated with law enforcement agencies.