Corporate Deferment Program
Florida Institute of Technology is pleased to offer the Corporate Deferment Program. Any student whose employer will directly reimburse them for tuition cost at the end of each semester is welcome to apply. Participation in the program allows the student to defer payment of the current semester's tuition balance for a period not to exceed 30 days from the date semester grades are posted.
All fields are required to be completed on the contract in order for us to process it.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU SHOULD NOT ENROLL IN THIS PROGRAM IF YOUR EMPLOYER WILL PAY FLORIDA TECH DIRECTLY UPON RECEIVING A BILLING INVOICE FROM ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT. Please see Third Party Billing & Tuition Assistance for more information.
Please find the current academic year Corporate Deferment Contract below:
*Note: For a completely fillable contract, including an electronic signature option, download and save the above form to your computer.
Payment Due Dates
Deferred Tuition Due Date
|Fall 2022||January 20, 2023|
|Spring 2023||June 16, 2023|
|Summer 2023||September 15, 2023|
Deferred Tuition Due Date
|Fall 2021||January 21, 2022|
|Spring 2022||June 17, 2022|
|Summer 2022||September 16, 2022|
How to Enroll
Step 1: What you need to submit
Two documents are required to be submitted each academic year in order to participate in the Corporate Deferment Program:
- A signed corporate deferment contract
- A tuition reimbursement verification document from your employer
Submit your completed document packet by email, fax, or mail. Both documents must be submitted together as one packet in order for your corporate deferment to be considered complete; submitting separately will result in a delay of processing or not being processed at all. Deferment contracts received without an employment benefit verification document WILL NOT be accepted. Your employer verification will need to be in writing, naming you, your eligibility, and the dates for which you are applying for the deferment. A copy of the company policy will not suffice as proof that a student will receive reimbursement. You will only need to submit one contract to be covered for the entire academic year (Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters). Please note your signature is required for your contract to be valid.
Examples of acceptable tuition reimbursement verification documents include:
- A letter from a supervisor or human resources representative, on letterhead, from the employer listed on the deferment contract. This letter needs to verify by name that the student is eligible for the company's tuition benefits program.
- A company tuition reimbursement approval form, or similar document indicating that you are currently eligible for tuition reimbursement.
- VA Benefits: Students using Chapter 30 and Chapter 35 may submit their Certificate of Eligibility with their corporate deferment contract.
- VA benefits: Students using Chapter 33 do not need to apply for corporate deferment and should contact Financial Aid instead.
NOTE: Documents from employers with billing information, especially requesting an invoice for your cost, should review Third Party Billing & Tuition Assistance as the corporate deferment program may not be the correct program for your tuition assistance benefit.
In an effort to go paperless, our office is encouraging all of our corporate deferment students to scan and email the required documentation. By doing this we can expedite the time of processing as well.
Once your packet is ready, please send it to Account Management (email@example.com) for processing.
Step 2: Verifying your corporate deferment contract has been processed and/or is current
Verify the acceptance of your deferment contract through Access Florida Tech, then PAWS. If your deferment contract has been processed, your account will reflect a hold with text "CDP" with the academic year of your participation. If the academic year is not current, you will need to submit a new deferment contract & employment/tuition benefit verification document. Please allow three (3) business days for your deferment contract to be processed.
Follow these steps to verify the status of your deferment contract:
- Go to the Current Students Launchpad
- Log in to PAWS
- Select the Student tab
- Select Student Records
- Select View Holds
Terms & Conditions
Bisk students are not eligible to participate in the Corporate Deferment Program. For Bisk Students only, all payment arrangements must be made through Bisk. For customer service, please contact (800) 280-9718.
Eligible students are required to sign and submit the corporate deferment contract each academic year, prior to the semester's tuition & fee due date.
- All program enrollees must provide written verification from their employer indicating that they are authorized to participate in their company's tuition reimbursement program along with their deferment contract.
- Examples of acceptable statements include a letter from a supervisor or human resources representative of the employer listed on the deferment contract verifying the student is employed and is eligible for the company's tuition benefits program, or a copy of the student's company tuition reimbursement approval document. VA students using Chapter 30 and Chapter 35 benefits may submit their Certificate of Eligibility with the corporate deferment contract.
- Any delay in receipt of appropriate paperwork will result in applicable finance charges being assessed to the student's account and/or loss of registration.
While participating in the Corporate Deferment Program the student will be eligible to register for the next semester. However; registration, as well as program participation, may be reviewed for cancellation if the deferred balance for any previous semester is not paid in full by the corresponding due date. The student is responsible for making payment to Florida Tech in accordance with the program due dates regardless of whether or not reimbursement is received from their employer.
In the event of a withdrawal, full payment of the deferred tuition will be due immediately based on the university's withdrawal/refund policy as published in that semester's Schedule of Classes.
Florida Tech reserves the right to deny any student the privilege of participating in the Corporate Deferment Program at any time.