Florida Tech’s benefit eligible faculty and staff earn both pay and benefits for their work at the university. These two elements together make up your total compensation package.
We enjoy a very rich insurance package supplemented by Florida Tech, as well as a number of optional insurances from which to choose.
Please note the following regarding benefit effective dates.
If you elect benefits, coverage starts the FIRST DAY OF THE MONTH following or coinciding with your date of hire.
- If you are hired on September 15th, your coverage will begin on October 1st.
- If you are hired on September 1st, then your coverage will begin on September 1st.
If your employment ends with the University, your coverage ends on the LAST DAY OF THE MONTH following the last day of your employment.
- If your employment ends on August 7th, your coverage will end on August 31st.
- If your employment ends on May 31st, then your coverage will end on May 31st.
403(b) Retirement Plan & Information
You can change your 403(b) contribution any time of the year. If you are a TIAA member, submit a salary reduction form (link below) to the Office of Human Resources. If you are a Lincoln member, log into your Lincoln account and make the contribution change on their website. Please note that the maximum annual employee contribution is as follows:
- Under age 50 $22,500
- At least age 50 + $30,000
- Why you're receiving communication from Lincoln Financial Group
- Customer Service: 1-800-234-3500
- Lincoln Website
- Local Lincoln Representative:
- Customer Service: 1-800-842-2252
- TIAA-Cref Website
- TIAA Online Enrollment Flyer
- TIAA Salary Reduction Agreement Form
- Local TIAA Representative:
- TIAA and Lincoln Year End Plan and Investment Notice - 337043 - 2023
- TIAA and Lincoln Year End Plan and Investment Notice - 405540 - 2023
- FIT-001 - IRS Hardship Withdrawal Regulations - Florida Tech
- FIT-002 - IRS Hardship Withdrawal Regulations - Aviation
- 403(b) Summary Plan Description April 2022
- 401(k) Summary Plan Description April 2022
- Fee Disclosure Notice - 403(b) 2023
- Fee Disclosure Notice - 401(k) 2023
- Qualified Default Investment Alternative - 403(b) - 2023
- Qualified Default Investment Alternative - 401(k) - 2023
- Automatic Deferral Notice - 403(b) 2024
- Universal Availability Notice - 2023
Call today to learn more about the Aetna ASD Support Program.
Aetna Resources For Living
Resources for Living Website
User name: ICUBA
Change of Coverage During the Plan Year - Life Event!
The benefit choices you make can be tailored to your personal needs. If you enroll in benefits, you may not add, delete, or change the coverage you have selected for yourself or your dependents until the next open enrollment period. The only exception is if you experience a qualifying family status change. A qualifying family status change includes:
- Marriage or divorce
- Birth or adoption of a dependent child or a change in custody
- Death of a spouse or a dependent child
- Your spouse has a change of employment or status which affects benefits coverage
- You change your employment status which affects your benefits status
- You experience an involuntary loss of other group benefits coverage
You must report a family status change by processing a Life Event Benefit Change in Workday within 30 days of the qualifying event. Please be prepared to upload the required documentation in order to process your request.
Continuation of Coverage
For questions regarding Cobra please call 1-866-377-5102 then select option 2.
Florida Tech provides employees and eligible dependents the opportunity to elect dental coverage through Delta Dental Plans. There are two plan options: Delta Dental Base Plan and Delta Dental BuyUp Plan with in and out-of-network coverage.
- Customer Service 800-521-2651
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To access services:
- Call 1-877-398-5816
- Visit Resources for Living Website
Florida Tech's Employee Assistance Program is through Resources for Living, an ICUBA partner. Services are available to you and all members of your household at no cost to you. This includes children living away from home up to the age of 26.
Services are confidential and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Emotional Well-Being Support: You can access up to 6 counseling sessions per issue per year. Sessions are available face-to-face or online with televideo. Issues addressed include: Relationship Support, Stress Management, Family Issues, Grief and Loss, Depression, Anxiety, Personal Development, Substance Abuse, and more.
- Work/Life Balance and Daily Life Assistance: Assistance in finding resources relating to home maintenance, travel, childcare, summer programs, school and financial aid research, and caregiver support.
- Talkspace: Work with a counselor via text messaging through Resources for Living's Talkspace platform
- Online Resources: Articles, webinars, and more.
- Legal Services: A free 30-minute consultation with a participating attorney for each new legal topic. A 25 percent discount available for services beyond the initial consult. Services limited to employee and eligible household members. Excludes work-related issues.
- Financial Services: A free 30-minute consult available for various financial topics.
- Discount Center: Find deals on products and services including electronics, entertainment, travel, and more.
- myStrength: A platform that offers tools to help you overcome depression, anxiety, stress, substance misuse, chronic pain, and more.
- Discount on membership. Applies to first year only.
- Contact Alicia Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 321-775-4336.
Cruise Benefits with CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $100 to spend on board the ship when booking a 7+ night cruise
- PLUS access to exclusive discounts and extra booking perks on 16 different cruise lines.
- Reference "FIT group # 474617" when calling 1-800-493-6609 or visit CruCon.com
- Discounts on hotels and more!
Transportation & Lodging
- A comprehensive list can be found on the Procurement Services and Accounts Payable website
Parks and Recreation
- $10 Discount on Membership. Show your Florida Tech ID at the gate.
Henegar Center for the Arts
- 10% discount (promo code FIT10 or FIT5OFF) select shows
- Discounts on attractions and more
- TicketsatWork Flyer
Atlantic Wholesale Furniture, Palm Bay
- 10% discount
Cell Phone Service
- Discounts on select plans. Contact providers for more information.
Price Termite & Pest Control
- $50 Off Initial Service Fee (*Offer good with annual agreement only) for all Florida Tech Employees.
- For more information go to Price Termite Website or email email@example.com.
- Receive $20 off registration fee - Enter code FLTECHRUN
- Smooth Running Website
Florida Preparatory Academy
$5,000 tuition scholarship for first-time, full-time eligible students of Florida Tech employees.
- The student must be a member of the employee's immediate or extended family. This includes children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and great/grand nieces and nephews.
- The scholarship is renewable if the student maintains the minimum required Florida Prep overall GPA of 3.0.
Palm Realty, Indialantic
- Terry Parks firstname.lastname@example.org or (321) 917-5013
- Day Translations offer 10% discounts. Use code fit10.
- Phone number 800-969-6853
- Day Translations Website
- Yogi Perogi offers 1st class free, 50% off unlimited monthly membership for the first month, 50% off unlimited monthly membership after the first month. Bring your Florida Tech ID to the class.
- Yogi Perogi Website
Restaurants (use FIT ID) for Possible Discount
- Deano's Subs & More - 1851 Palm Bay Rd.
- KeKe's Cafe
- Le Macaron - Mall location
- The Burger Place (in Downtown Melbourne)
- Tijuana Flats (10 E New Haven Ave.) (not valid Tu/Th)
- Young's Buffet - "lunch only" Monday through Saturday
Florida Tech Campus Discounts (use FIT ID)
- Barnes & Noble's Campus Bookstore - 25% Discount
- Clemente Center. Free membership for employees. Please see the Clemente Center website for details.
- Campus Dining:
- Panther Dining Hall - Advance pay discount
- FlexCredit Plan
- See Campus Dining Website for details
- FIT Plaza - FIT Laundry - 10% discount
- Free General Admission with 1 Guest to Regular Season Home Athletic Games
- Panther Plate - 50% discount on parking (see security)
Group Term Life Insurance
- 2023-2024 ICUBA Preferred PPO Combined Plan Summary
- 2023-2024 ICUBA High Deductible PPO Combined Plan Summary
- Florida Tech Medical Plan Document 2023
- COBRA/HIPAA Notification
Florida Tech offers comprehensive medical benefits provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield through customized plan designs by ICUBA. We currently offer Preferred PPO Blue Options.
Plans include a University-Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA). PPO Plans offer great flexibility in your choice of providers and do not require referrals. Employees are always encouraged to seek services from in-network providers. To locate an in-network provider in your area, visit Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida’s website .
Please note: If you elect Health Insurance coverage, your benefits are effective first day of the month after date of hire.
ICUBA invests in their members by providing enhanced benefits, paying 100% of total costs of the following services at in-network providers:
Quest is BCBS's preferred lab.
See the Benefits Guide for instructions on how to earn Strive Rewards for annual blood work.
- To download the Physicians Results Form, login to My.QuestForHealth.com
- New users :
- Enter Registration Key: ICUBA
- Unique ID: Your BCBS ICI#
- New users :
- To schedule an appointment with Quest, login to QuestDiagnostics.com/schedule-appointment. Select "Schedule Appointment" then "All Other Tests."
Blue Cross Blue Shield:
Prescription Drug Plan - Now Through BCBS:
- Prescribed diabetic supplies including meters, lancing devices, lancets, test strips, control solution, needles, and syringes
- Aspirin for adults with a physical prescription
- Prescribed generic folic acid and generic pre-natal vitamins for pregnancy
- Prescribed generic statins (if eligible)
For more information, please see the Benefits Guide.
Additional benefits included with Health coverage:
ICUBA is excited to announce we are continuing to partner with Hinge Health to help you with back, knee, hip, neck or shoulder pain.
Hinge Health is a non-surgical treatment option for musculoskeletal conditions. These services are available to all members who are 18 years or older and enrolled in the BCBS Medical Plan.
Available at no cost, you and your family members will have all the tools you need to manage your pain. Participants report an average pain reduction of 60% and it only takes 45 minutes per week! Once enrolled, you will receive the Hinge Health Welcome Kit, which includes a tablet computer and wearable motion sensors that guide you through exercise therapy. You’ll also be paired with your personal health coach who will tailor your sessions to you, your schedule, and your pace.
My Health Novel:
Introducing My Health Novel, designed to match you with helpful resources and tools based on your specific health needs.
Whether you’re interested in starting new healthy habits or maintaining your weight, My Health Novel gives you access to the best nutrition physical activity and weight management tools, programs and apps available.
Log in to your My Health Toolkit today to take your assessment and get matched with the best programs for you.
SurgeryPlus is a comprehensive benefit at NO ADDITIONAL COST that provides access to a premier network of high-performing surgeons for non-emergent/planned surgical procedures.
Teladoc gives you 24/7/365 access to U.S. board-certified doctors through the convenience of phone or video consults. It’s an affordable alternative to costly urgent care and ER visits when you need care now. Talk to a doctor any time for $5. Please note: Restrictions apply as it relates to number of consults during the year and severity of condition for consultation. With your consent, Teladoc is happy to provide information about your Teladoc consult to your primary care physician.
First time registration, sign up on Teladoc website. If you experience any difficulties, call 1-800-Teladoc, and a customer service representative will be more than happy to walk you through getting your account setup.
Virta is a researched-backed treatment that can help you reverse type 2 diabetes and take back control of your health.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Finding A Doctor:
Employees are always encouraged to seek services from in-network providers. To locate an in-network provider in your area, visit Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida's website.
- BCBS Total Care Provider - how to find providers with the Total Care designation.
New* Embold Preferred Providers option. Embold Preferred Provider offers members:
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Health First Doctors:
Zero dollar cost share for employees who see one of the doctors in the specialties of Family Practice, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Travel Assistance:
- Benefits Guide page on Strive
- Strive - Wellbeing Incentive Plan 2023-2024
- Strive - Get Started Enrollment Flyer
- Strive Mobile App Flyer
- Strive Demo Video
How To Check Your Explanation of Benefits:
You are able to submit inquires and view Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) by logging into BCBS My Health Toolkit.
ICUBAcares Pharmacist Advocate Program
Our ICUBAcares Pharmacist Advocate Program (PAP) is comprised of Real Pharmacists who are Real Advocates with Real Solutions! Our ICUBAcares PAP will assist members with closing gaps in care attributed to Prior Authorizations, Quantity Limits, Step Therapy and Generic Drug Requirements; assist members with formulary changes; serve as a liaison between doctors, pharmacy and insurance company; encourage members to use therapeutically appropriate, cost-effective therapy; and more.
ICUBA Cares RX
ICUBA Benefits Card
ICUBA's Administrator: Ameriflex
PO Box 7127
Atlanta, GA 30357-7127
Toll-free phone: 888.868.3539
Live Chat: myameriflex.com
To check your BALANCE on your HRA, HCSA or DCSA Debit card, login at https://participant.myameriflex.com/#/login.
What type of receipt do I need?
The documentation you supply should include:
- Your Legal Name (as found on your card)
- Date of service received
- Name of provider or merchant
- Dollar amount
- Description of service or item received
Please ensure you include the claim number on all documentation submitted to Ameriflex.
- Ameriflex New User Guide
- HRA Plan Document 2023
- DCFSA Flyer 2023-2024
- HCFSA Flyer 2023-2024
- HRA Flyer 2023-2024
- Flex Spending and Dependent Care Spending Account Summary
- Flexible Spending Account Eligible Medical Expenses
- Ameriflex - Adding Dependents and Requesting Debit Cards
- Ameriflex FAQs
Leaves of Absence
Family Medical Leave
- Family and Medical Leave Policy
- USERRA Federal
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Employee Guide to FMLA
- Family Medical Leave Request Form
Short Term Disability coverage is provided at no cost to benefits-eligible employees. Under Short Term Disability, a disabled employee will receive 66 2/3% of salary up to a maximum benefit of $2,000 per week for a maximum of 11 weeks.
- How to File a Short-Term Disability Claim
- Short-Term Disability Claim Form Packet
- Short Term Disability Plan Document
- Short Term Disability Insurance Certificate
Core Long Term Disability coverage is provided at no cost to benefits-eligible employees. This plan provides a benefit of 60% salary up to a maximum of $2,000 per month.
Long Term Disability Buy-Up coverage is available and is purchased by the employee through payroll deduction. This plan provides a benefit of 66 2/3% salary up to a maximum of $14,000 per month.
Nationwide Pet Insurance offers a discounted rate to ICUBA schools. This is a discount program that does not run through payroll. Nationwide will directly bill you. Veterinary Pet Insurance will allow you to access ANY VET and include protection for :
- Common illnesses
- Serious/chronic illnesses
- Hereditary conditions
- Wellness Services
Visit Nationwide Pet Insurance website to obtain information regarding the plan designs and rates to request additional information directly from your VPI representative. Premiums vary based on the age of the pet, species, size, plan type and state of residence. Some conditions may not be covered and underwriting is required for each Pet enrolled in the Plan.
Pre-Paid Legal Services and ID Shield
LegalShield: A comprehensive and affordable legal protection plan
IDShield: Protects your identity and privacy while giving yourself peace of mind
Prescription Drug Benefits
Effective April 1, 2023, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc. is integrating with Optum Rx as ICUBA’s new pharmacy benefit manager. Optum Rx is an independent company that provides pharmacy services on behalf of your health plan. Your new prescription drug benefits under your ICUBA health insurance plan will make it easier to get care and will provide you and your doctor with choices. Understanding them can help you make the most of your benefits and save money on your medications.
Information and resources:
Retiree Health Benefits
For questions regarding your retiree benefit options, please contact ICUBA at 866-377-5102, Option 3.
Please see ICUBA's website for more information.
Sick Leave Bank
Please refer to our 6.15 Sick Leave Bank Policy.
Policies and Information
- Tuition Remission
- Adjunct Faculty Tuition Reduction Benefits
- Graduate Tuition Remission Taxability
- Academic Calendar
Florida Tech is a member institution of Tuition Exchange, a not-for-profit reciprocal scholarship program. This allows the dependents of our faculty and staff to apply for competitive (up to full) scholarship awards at other participating private institutions in programs of study not offered at Florida Tech. An overview of Tuition Exchange policies and application procedures can be found on the Florida Tech Tuition Exchange page. Please direct any questions regarding this program to Jay Lally, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management & Financial Aid, at x8278.
Florida Tech provides employees and eligible dependents the opportunity to elect vision coverage through EyeMed (Insight Network). The EyeMed Vision Plan offers a benefit option to cover routine eye care, including exams and eyeglasses or contacts.
- EyeMed Base Plan 2023-2024
- EyeMed Special Offers Member Flyer 2023
- Contacts Booster Member Flyer
- Know Before You Go Member Flyer 2023
- EyeMed FAQs
To use EyeMed, call 1-866-804-0982 or visit Eye Med Website. Please note the network is called Insight Network.