Florida Tech’s benefit eligible faculty and staff earn both pay and benefits for their work at the university. These two elements together make up your total compensation package.
We enjoy a very rich insurance package supplemented by Florida Tech, as well as a number of optional insurances from which to choose.
Please note the following regarding benefit effective dates.
If you elect benefits, coverage starts the FIRST DAY OF THE MONTH following or coinciding with your date of hire.
- If you are hired on September 15th, your coverage will begin on October 1st.
- If you are hired on September 1st, then your coverage will begin on September 1st.
If your employment ends with the University, your coverage ends on the LAST DAY OF THE MONTH following the last day of your employment.
- If your employment ends on August 7th, your coverage will end on August 31st.
- If your employment ends on May 31st, then your coverage will end on May 31st.
403(b) Retirement Plan & Information
You can change your 403(b) contribution any time of the year. You can complete a salary reduction form and submit the completed form to the Office of Human Resources. Please note that the maximum annual employee contribution is as follows:
- Under age 50 $19,500
- At least age 50 + $26,000
- Customer Service: 1-800-234-3500
- Lincoln Website
- Local Lincoln Representative:
- Richard Phelan
- Tel: 321-419-7087, Toll-free: 844-307-9396
- To schedule your one-on-one telephonic consultation visit www.LincolnFinancial.com/FITschedule .
- Remember to register to manage your account online. See handout on Manage your retirement account online
- For new enrollees enrollment instructions, please see Lincoln Online Enrollment Flyer
- Introducing Lincoln WellnessPath - see video.
- Customer Service: 1-800-842-2252
- TIAA-Cref Website
- TIAA Online Enrollment Flyer
- Local TIAA Representative:
- Barbara Vaught
- Tel: 813-632-5153
- To schedule your one-on-one telephonic consultation, visit here.
- TIAA 403(b) Salary Reduction Form
- FIT-001 - IRS Hardship Withdrawal Regulations - Florida Tech
- FIT-002 - IRS Hardship Withdrawal Regulations - Aviation
- 403(b) Summary Plan Description 2019
- Qualified Default Investment Alternative 2020
- Automatic Deferral Notice 2021
- Universal Availability Notice 2020
Participant Fee Disclosure
Call today to learn more about the Aetna ASD Support Program.
Aetna Resources For Living
User name: ICUBA
Change of Coverage During the Plan Year
The benefit choices you make can be tailored to your personal needs. If you enroll in benefits on a pre-tax basis, you may not add, delete, or change the coverage you have selected for yourself or your dependents until the next open enrollment period. The only exception is if you experience a qualifying family status change. A qualifying family status change includes:
- Marriage or divorce
- Birth or adoption of a dependent child or a change in custody
- Death of a spouse or a dependent child
- Your spouse has a change of employment or status which affects benefits coverage
- You change your employment status which affects your benefits status
- You experience an involuntary loss of other group benefits coverage
You must report a family status change by processing a Life Event Benefit Change in Workday within 30 days of the qualifying event. Please be prepared to upload the required documentation in order to process your request.
Continuation of Coverage
For questions regarding Cobra please call 1-866-377-5102 then select option 2.
Florida Tech provides employees and eligible dependents the opportunity to elect dental coverage through Delta Dental Plans. There are two plan options: Delta Dental Base Plan and Delta Dental BuyUp Plan with in and out-of-network coverage.
- Customer Service 800-521-2651
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To access services:
- Call 1-877-398-5816
- Visit www.resourcesforliving.com
Florida Tech's Employee Assistance Program is through Resources for Living, an ICUBA partner. Services are available to you and all members of your household at no cost to you. This includes children living away from home up to the age of 26.
Services are confidential and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Emotional Well-Being Support: You can access up to 6 counseling sessions per issue per year. Sessions are available face-to-face or online with televideo. Issues addressed include: Relationship Support, Stress Management, Family Issues, Grief and Loss, Depression, Anxiety, Personal Development, Substance Abuse, and more.
- Work/Life Balance and Daily Life Assistance: Assistance in finding resources relating to home maintenance, travel, childcare, summer programs, school and financial aid research, and caregiver support.
- Talkspace: Work with a counselor via text messaging through Resources for Living's Talkspace platform
- Online Resources: Articles, webinars, and more.
- Legal Services: A free 30-minute consultation with a participating attorney for each new legal topic. A 25 percent discount available for services beyond the initial consult. Services limited to employee and eligible household members. Excludes work-related issues.
- Financial Services: A free 30-minute consult available for various financial topics.
- Discount Center: Find deals on products and services including electronics, entertainment, travel, and more.
- myStrength: A platform that offers tools to help you overcome depression, anxiety, stress, substance misuse, chronic pain, and more.
- Discount on membership. Applies to first year only.
- Contact David DeHaven at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-509-0075
Cruise Benefits with CruCon Cruise Outlet
- $100 to spend on board the ship when booking a 7+ night cruise
- PLUS access to exclusive discounts and extra booking perks on 16 different cruise lines.
- Reference "FIT group # 474617" when calling 1-800-493-6609 or visit CruCon.com
- Discounts on hotels and more!
Transportation & Lodging
- A comprehensive list can be found on the Procurement Services and Accounts Payable website
Parks and Recreation
- Discount on Membership
- $6.00 Movie Ticket Vouchers
Henegar Center for the Arts
- 10% discount (promocode FIT10 or FIT5OFF) select shows
- Discounts on attractions and more
Atlantic Wholesale Furniture, Palm Bay
- 10% discount
Cell Phone Service
- Discounts on select plans. Contact providers for more information.
Price Termite & Pest Control
- $50 Off Initial Service Fee (*Offer good with annual agreement only) for all Florida Tech Employees.
- For more information go to www.PriceTermite.com or email email@example.com.
- Receive $20 off registration fee - Enter code FLTECHRUN
- See Website - http://SmoothRunning.org
Florida Preparatory Acadamy
$5,000 tuition scholarship for first-time, full-time eligible students of Florida Tech employees.
- The student must be a member of the employee's immediate or extended family. This includes children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and great/grand nieces and nephews.
- The scholarship is renewable if the student maintains the minimum required Florida Prep overall GPA of 3.0.
Palm Realty, Indialantic
- Terry Parks firstname.lastname@example.org or (321) 917-5013
- Day Translations offer 10% discounts. Use code fit10.
- Phone number 800-969-6853
- Website: https://www.daytranslations.com/
Restaurants (use FIT ID)
- Deano's Subs & More - 1851 Palm Bay Rd. - 10% discount
- Domino's Pizza (192) - Meal Deal $5.99 for 1 Lg 1 Top Pizza, 8 Wings + 20oz or 1 Med 1 Top + 20oz
- Jersey Mike's (all 5 locations) - Meal Deal $7.50 - Regular Sub, Chips and a Drink
- KeKe's Cafe - 10% discount
- Le Macaron - Mall location - 10% discount
- The Burger Place (in Downtown Melbourne) - 10% discount
- Tijuana Flats (10 E New Haven Ave.) - 10% discount (not valid Tu/Th)
- Young's Buffet - 10% discount "lunch only" Monday through Saturday
Florida Tech Campus Discounts (use FIT ID)
- Barnes & Noble's Campus Bookstore - 25% Discount
- Clemente Center - $15.95 monthly membership
- Dining Services - 10% using FIT ID plus other discount plans available
- Panther Dining Hall - Advance pay $108 and receive 20 meals or $54 and receive 10 meals (for Personal use only)
- FlexCredit Plan - Advance Pay $100.00 and receive $100.00 on FIT ID
- FIT Plaza - FIT Laundry - 10% discount
- Free General Admission with 1 Guest to Regular Season Home Athletic Games
- Panther Plate - 50% discount on parking (see security)
Group Term Life Insurance
Florida Tech offers comprehensive medical benefits provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield through customized plan designs by ICUBA. We currently offer Preferred PPO Blue Options.
Plans include a University-Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA). PPO Plans offer great flexibility in your choice of providers and do not require referrals. Employees are always encouraged to seek services from in-network providers. To locate an in-network provider in your area, visit Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida’s website through ICUBA's Single Sign-On with bswift.
Please note: If you elect Health Insurance coverage, your benefits are effective first day of the month after date of hire.
ICUBA invests in their members by providing enhanced benefits, paying 100% of total costs of the following services at in-network providers:
- Lab Tests
- Pap Tests
- Colorectal Screenings
- Prostate Cancer Screenings
See ICUBA's Biometric Physician Results Form Process 2021 for instructions on how to earn Rally Rewards for annual blood work. To schedule a screening and to obtain the Physicians Results Form, login to .
Blue Cross Blue Shield:
- Colonoscopies and Sigmoidoscopies
- Allergy Injections
- Bone Mineral Density Tests
- Ultrasounds of the Breast
- Primary Care BDTC Visits
- Prescribed diabetic supplies including meters, lancing devices, lancets, test strips, control solution, needles, and syringes
- Aspirin for adults with a physical prescription
- Prescribed generic folic acid and generic pre-natal vitamins for pregnancy
- Prescribed generic statins (if eligible)
Additional benefits included with Health coverage:
SurgeryPlus is a comprehensive benefit at NO ADDITIONAL COST that provides access to a premier network of high-performing surgeons for non-emergent/planned surgical procedures.
Teladoc gives you 24/7/365 access to U.S. board-certified doctors through the convenience of phone or video consults. It’s an affordable alternative to costly urgent care and ER visits when you need care now. Talk to a doctor any time for $5. Please note: Restrictions apply as it relates to number of consults during the year and severity of condition for consultation. With your consent, Teladoc is happy to provide information about your Teladoc consult to your primary care physician.
For first time registration with Teladoc go to www.teladoc.com. If you experience any difficulties, call 1-800-Teladoc, and a customer service representative will be more than happy to walk you through getting your account setup.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Finding A Doctor:
Employees are always encouraged to seek services from in-network providers. To locate an in-network provider in your area, visit Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida's website at https://member.myhealthtoolkitfl.com/web/public/fl/.
- BCBS Total Care Provider - how to find providers with the Total Care designation.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Health First Doctors:
Zero dollar cost share for employees who see one of the doctors in the specialties of Family Practice, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Travel Assistance:
How To Check Your Explanation of Benefits:
You are able to submit inquires and view Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) by logging into bswift and accessing ICUBA's Single Sign-On.
- 2021-2022 ICUBA Health Insurance Preferred PPO
- 2021-2022 ICUBA Health Insurance Premier Plan
- 2021-2022 ICUBA Health Insurance $4000/$8000 Deductible Plan
For Glossary of Medical Terms, go to https://www.healthcare.gov/sbc-glossary/
ICUBAcares Pharmacist Advocate Program
Our ICUBAcares Pharmacist Advocate Program (PAP) is comprised of Real Pharmacists who are Real Advocates with Real Solutions! Our ICUBAcares PAP will assist members with closing gaps in care attributed to Prior Authorizations, Quantity Limits, Step Therapy and Generic Drug Requirements; assist members with formulary changes; serve as a liaison between doctors, pharmacy and insurance company; encourage members to use therapeutically appropriate, cost-effective therapy; and more.
ICUBA Cares RX
ICUBA Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Administered by ICUBA.
P.O. Box 616927
Orlando, FL 32861-6927
Toll-free phone: 866-377-5102
Toll-free fax: 866-377-5180
To check your BALANCE on your HCSA or DCSA Debit card, log onto the bswift site.
Please note that the company key is ICUBA.
Leaves of Absence
Family Medical Leave
- Family Medical Leave Policy
- USERRA Federal
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Employee Guide to FMLA
- Family Medical Leave Request Form
Short Term Disability coverage is provided at no cost to benefits-eligible employees. Under Short Term Disability, a disabled employee will receive 66 2/3% of salary up to a maximum benefit of $2,000 per week for a maximum of 11 weeks.
- How to File a Short-Term Disability Claim
- Short-Term Disability Claim Form Packet
- Short Term Disability Plan Document
- Short Term Disability Insurance Certificate
Core Long Term Disability coverage is provided at no cost to benefits-eligible employees. This plan provides a benefit of 60% salary up to a maximum of $2,000 per month.
Long Term Disability Buy-Up coverage is available and is purchased by the employee through payroll deduction. This plan provides a benefit of 66 2/3% salary up to a maximum of $14,000 per month.
Nationwide Pet Insurance offers a discounted rate to ICUBA schools. This is a discount program that does not run through payroll. Nationwide will directly bill you. Veterinary Pet Insurance will allow you to access ANY VET and include protection for :
- Common illnesses
- Serious/chronic illnesses
- Hereditary conditions
- Wellness Services
Please click on this link https://benefits.petinsurance.com/icuba to obtain information regarding the plan designs and rates to request additional information directly from your VPI representative. Premiums vary based on the age of the pet, species, size, plan type and state of residence. Some conditions may not be covered and underwriting is required for each Pet enrolled in the Plan.
Pre-Paid Legal Services
Get answers to your questions and solutions to your problems with “Life Events legal Plan” and the “Identity Theft Shield”. This website below shows the plan choices and the applications that can be downloaded depending on which plan you chose.
FIT Info Site: www.legalshield.com/info/fitech
Prescription Drug Benefits
Optum Rx administers the pharmacy benefit for all of the medical plans.
The OptumRx Copays Tier List 2021’s benefits include:
- Out of pocket maximums
- Nationwide Pharmacy Network - including 62,000 chain and independent pharmacies.
- Convenient Home Delivery Service
- Optum Rx 90-Day at Retail Program
- Free Diabetic Supplies – including meters, lancets, lancing devices, test strips, control solution, insulin needles and syringes.
- Specialty Medications for treating complex health conditions (e.g. Hepatitis, HIV/Aids, Oncology, etc.) can be obtained through Optum Specialty Pharmacy.
- Optum Rx Customer Care Center – (855) 811-2213– available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Even an Optum Mobile App
For more information visit www.optumrx.com
Retiree Health Benefits
For questions regarding your retiree benefit options, please contact ICUBA at 866-377-5102, Option 3.
Sick Leave Bank
Please refer to our 6.15 Sick Leave Bank Policy.
Training and Development
- Tuition Remission
- Adjunct Faculty Tuition Reduction Benefits
- Tuition Remission Policy for ROTC Unit
- Tuition Remission Policy for Florida Tech Online Classes
- Graduate Tuition Remission Taxability
- Tuition Remission Form for Employees
- Tuition Remission Form for Dependents, Adjunct Faculty, and ROTC
Florida Tech is a member institution of Tuition Exchange, a not-for-profit reciprocal scholarship program. This allows the dependents of our faculty and staff to apply for competitive (up to full) scholarship awards at other participating private institutions in programs of study not offered at Florida Tech. An overview of Tuition Exchange policies and application procedures can be found on the Florida Tech Tuition Exchange page. Please direct any questions regarding this program to Jay Lally, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management & Financial Aid, at x8278.
Florida Tech provides employees and eligible dependents the opportunity to elect vision coverage through EyeMed. The EyeMed Vision Plan offers a benefit option to cover routine eye care, including exams and eyeglasses or contacts.
Eligible dependents include:
- A legal spouse.
- Unmarried, dependent children for whom the employee provides principal support. Eligibility for coverage extends to age 26 if child is an IRS dependent AND living in the employee household OR a student. No child can remain on the plan beyond December 31st of the year in which they turn 26.
- Unmarried, dependent child incapable of self-sustaining employment by reason of mental retardation or physical handicap.
- Certified domestic partners.
- Children of certified domestic partners subject to the same eligibility standards applicable to dependents.
To use EyeMed, call 1-866-804-0982 or visit www.eyemed.com.