You Are What You Wear: Requesting Florida Tech Apparel
T-shirts, hats and other wearables
University departments and student organizations are welcome to design and procure clothing items that represent their group and help them to build school and team spirit. See the Graphic Identity Policy for guidelines regarding student organization graphics. If you are producing such items as a giveaway, they would fall under the "Promotional Items" category.
- While there is broad latitude for custom T-shirt art to be themed, distinctive and fun, all designs must comply with the university’s Graphic Identity Policy, and any T-shirt design that uses the Florida Tech logo or wordmark must be prepared by Creative Services.
- In general, custom designs are reserved for event-specific needs or campus-wide use. Affinity designs for individual colleges or departments may use the primary logo or a text-only design. The Panther logo is reserved for Athletics or general student spirit apparel.
- Designs cannot use trademarks from other entities or derivatives of those marks.
- While subunit logo guidelines apply to the overall identity of university research labs and centers, custom T-shirt designs are acceptable as long as the subunit logo appears separately on the chest pocket, back centered or sleeve.
- Campus groups, including university offices, departments and student organizations, must use a licensed vendor to order apparel, merchandise and promotional items.
The preferred style for embroidered apparel is the stacked orientation of the primary logo positioned on the left chest area. University units (such as colleges, departments, offices, etc.) are also authorized to add their unit name to the design as illustrated below. This official artwork must be used without any modifications. When possible, choose a fabric color from within the university color palette. Need help? Contact Creative Services.
The logo should be embroidered in a color offering the most contrast and readability based on the fabric color. Options include:
- Crimson text with Gold orbit/star
- White text with Gold orbit/star
- Black text with Gold orbit/star (for embroidery only)
- Solid black, white, crimson or gold
Your Logo by Geiger has the Florida Tech logo and the embroidery lockup on file for ordering polo shirts. If using other vendors, ensure they have the approved logo and usage guidelines.
Need help? Contact Creative Services.