Veterans Benefits - Melbourne Campus
Your Florida Tech degree could be free when you apply your veterans benefits!
To assist veterans interested in earning a top quality degree from a regionally accredited, not-for-profit university, Florida Tech works with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to accept veterans benefits from all six GI Bill® programs, including the Post 9/11 GI Bill®. Florida Tech is also a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
This page outlines important information and processes for veterans who wish to study at Florida Tech's campus in Melbourne, Florida. Visit the Education Centers website or the Office of Online Learning for specific instructions about using your Veterans Benefits at an Education Center or for one of our online programs.
Applying Your Benefits at Florida Tech
Our goal is to provide you with the best possible service and assistance as you begin the process of enrolling at Florida Tech. Here are some steps to help you get started.
Apply for Admission
First, learn about Applying for Undergraduate Admission or Applying for Graduate Admission. Then, when you are ready, complete the appropriate application. Florida Tech accepts applications year-round so apply any time. If you need help:
Apply for VA Education Benefits / Transfer VA Benefits
Go to the U.S. government's education benefits website and apply. Once your eligibility is determined, the VA will mail you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). The COE will also be made available for download from vets.gov.
If you already have a COE and are transferring your education benefits from another college or university, follow the instructions on vets.gov to complete a VA Change of Program or Place of Training.
Send Us Your Documents
Veterans must submit copies of the following items to the Military Affairs Coordinator at Florida Tech.
- Certificate of Eligibility
- FIT Letter of Authorization -- click the link reflecting when you will attend class:
- VA Change of Program or Place of Training form, if applicable
Upload the completed documents using our upload portal . Follow the instructions below if you are new to the portal and have not set up your password:
Click 'Forgot Password'
- Type in the email address you used when you applied with Florida Tech (i.e. your primary email) and your birthdate and click reset password
- If your account is not found using your main email, try your my.fit.edu address
- Contact us if you are unable to log in
If you do not wish to use the upload portal, you may:
- Fax to 321-724-2778
Email your documents to email@example.com using 256-bit encryption with the document password in a subsequent email
- Bring in-person to the Financial Aid Office, Harris Commons, Room 124
- Mail to: Financial Aid Office, Florida Institute of Technology, 150 W. University Blvd., Melbourne, Fl 32901